Hawkhire Hr Solutions Provides HR consulting & Recruitment services In Gurgaon, Delhi Ncr
Recruitment Agencies are increasingly popular. More and more companies are relying on the expertise of a recruitment agency for filling vacant positions and projects. But also more and more candidates are finding their way to these agencies!
In this article you will discover how a recruitment agency works, you will learn different types of recruitment and the benefits of recruitment agencies if you are looking for a new job.
WHAT IS A RECRUITMENT AGENCY?
Recruitment agencies look for suitable candidates for vacant positions with one or more companies. Based on a job description they search for suitable candidates through their website, network, job fairs, job sites and social media.
When a recruiter has found a potential candidate then he/she will screen the resume, motivation letter and other relevant information about the candidate. If there is a potential match between the candidate’s profile and the job description, the recruiter will plan an interview to discuss the skills and needs of the candidate.
If this interview is successful, the candidate can be invited to an interview with the client. Meanwhile the recruiter is carefully monitoring the application process. If the client considers the candidate appropriate for the vacant position, he or she may get the job.
DIFFERENT TYPES OF RECRUITMENT
There are different types of recruitment. Common types are recruitment and selection, project sourcing and interim recruitment. These types of recruitment differ considerably. Your personal desires and ambitions will determine the type that will be most suitable for you.
Recruitment & Selection
Recruitment and selection is a type of recruitment where a recruitment agency is looking for candidates to fill in permanent positions with a client. The work of the recruitment agency comes to an end once a candidate starts working with his or her new employer.
Recruitment and selection is particularly interesting if you are looking for a permanent job (at a certain company) in a specific industry. Recruitment and selection is interesting for companies who have too little time or resources to search for new employees themselves.
Project Sourcing has several names, among which outsourcing, sourcing, contracting, project work, name a few. But what is project sourcing exactly?
Project Sourcing is a type of recruitment where a company is seeking candidates to work on temporary projects with different clients. You will be permanently employed by the project sourcing company.
Project Sourcing is particularly interesting for employers and/or freelance experts with specialized knowledge who want to gain a lot of experience in different projects. By joining a project sourcing company they will be able to work on temporary (usually medium and long term) projects for various clients.
Project Sourcing is interesting for companies because in this way they can temporarily ‘hire’ specialist knowledge whereas the responsibility for the specialists remains with the project sourcing company. Project sourcing thus offers optimum flexibility for companies that are quickly in need of specialized knowledge.
Interim work focuses on short term projects. Temping agencies are searching on behalf of other companies for employees who can quickly fill in short term projects. These can be work assignments to:
- Replace a permanent employee;
- Handle a temporary increase in work;
- Deal with exceptional work.
Interim work differs fundamentally from project sourcing because:
- Interim is mostly concentrating on the rapid implementation of short term projects. Project Sourcing focuses on medium and long-term projects.
- Interim is focussing mainly on filling general vacancies that require limited specialized knowledge. Project Sourcing focuses mainly on the implementation of projects that requires highly specialized knowledge.
- Temping agencies are having a ‘temporary’ relationship with jobseekers. When your job is finished, your relationship with the temping office will come to an end as well. Project sourcing will offer you a permanent employment with the project sourcing company. Because of this you will probably get more personal attention and better conditions compared to interim work.
THE ADVANTAGES OF RECRUITMENT AGENCIES FOR JOB APPLICANTS
Are you looking for a new job? Then a recruitment agency can help you in two ways:
- A recruiter may contact you himself/herself because he or she has found your resume or profile and because the recruiter thinks you are qualified for a particular job.
- You may contact the recruitment agency yourself. You can apply for a particular job or submit an open application. The recruitment agency can look to see if you qualify for any upcoming positions.
Recruitment agencies provide the following benefits for applicants:
- Recruitment agencies are free of charge for candidates. Recruitment Agencies are working on request and are paid by their clients (other companies). Therefore, there are no costs for you as a candidate. You are getting help for free!
- Recruitment agencies have an excellent knowledge of the labour market. They know which sectors and companies are forming exciting opportunities for people with your knowledge and expertise, and which expectations are realistic.
- Recruitment agencies have a large network. Therefore they can often quickly get you in contact with interesting clients and projects.
- Recruitment agencies have access to jobs that you as a job seeker often cannot see (yet). Through many years of partnership with clients, agencies are often the first to hear about profiles that are needed.
- Depending on the type of recruitment (see above), recruitment agencies are following up your application. You will receive feedback and/or will be assisted from intake interview to salary negotiation.
- Depending on the type of recruitment (project sourcing in particular) you will enjoy the security of a permanent contract and the variety of different projects.